Live and work in Aotearoa – ‘the land of the long white cloud’ for up to 12 months and you don’t have to be a student to be eligible! Any US citizen aged 18-35 can apply. On Work & Travel New Zealand you can spend up to one year living and working in New Zealand.
“I really liked traveling the country and seeing all the amazing beaches and landscapes. I enjoyed working as well because I was able to meet a lot of Australians and get a real feel for their culture. I loved living in a shared house as I was able to make friends with people from all over the world.” Outbound program to New Zealand Participant
This once-in-a-lifetime trip will also give you the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of New Zealand: drive along Ninety Mile Beach, experience the majesty of Milford Sound or swim with the dolphins off the Kaikoura coast. Picture yourself working at a ski resort on the South Island or work at a vineyard in sunny Marlborough! New Zealand is a country that will never cease to amaze you!
There are two program options to choose from:
- Basic Working Holiday Program
- IEP Work Exchange Program (limited visas available).
Basic Working Holiday Program
Open to US citizens aged 18-30 and includes the following:
- Assistance obtaining a Working Holiday Visa – don’t worry we’ll provide step by step instructions to secure your visa!
- Pre-departure assistance and guidance from our knowledgeable and experienced staff to help you prepare for your trip to New Zealand.
- Free airport shuttle transfer from Auckland International Airport to your pre-booked hostel accommodation.
- First two nights’ arrival accommodation with continental breakfast – don’t worry we’ll take care of the booking!
- Comprehensive arrival orientation session every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10:00am.
- International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) valued at NZ$30 with over 4,000 discounts all over New Zealand and Australia.
- New Zealand mobile phone number (2Degrees SIM/Micro card).
- Free and unlimited internet access in the Auckland office.
- Assistance opening a bank account prior to arrival
- Assistance obtaining an IRD (Inland Revenue Department) registration (required to be able to work in New Zealand)
- Mail holding and forwarding service
- Copy and holding service of essential documents
- 24-hour emergency assistance by IEP staff throughout your stay in New Zealand.
- Employment support services and ongoing employment advice by IEP staff.
- In-house travel agent with exclusive domestic and South Pacific travel products.
- Social events such as pub meets, concerts, movie nights, comedy night, rugby and cricket matches.
- Affordable luggage storage.
IEP Work Exchange Program
This exclusive special category visa is only open to US citizens aged 18-35 including those who have previously been to New Zealand on a Working Holiday visa.
- Basic Working Holiday program package (see above), plus.
- Visa sponsorship under the exclusive IEP Work Exchange Scheme.
- Be a citizen of the United States and have a valid US passport
- Be between age 18 and 35 (inclusive)
- Be able to produce proof of support funds equivalent to NZ$4,200 or more on arrival to New Zealand.
- Not bring children or dependents with you to New Zealand on this program
- Meet health and character requirements