How to Apply
Please set up an IENA account and complete the online IENA Outbound Program application. We will assess your application and then invoice you for payment of our program fee. After payment is processed and you are accepted to the program you will be emailed stage two of the application process.
Stage Two includes the following:
- Applying for your visa – don’t’ worry, IENA will provide step-by-step instructions and guidance on how to secure your visa!
- Booking your flight to New Zealand – IENA’s preferred travel provider can assist with flights.
- Purchasing travel and medical insurance – it is a visa requirement that you have proof of medical coverage (including medical evacuation and repatriation of remains) on entry to New Zealand. Note: You will not be covered under the socialized medical system in place in New Zealand.
- Job reference from a previous or current employer.
APPLICATION DEADLINES: Please allow a minimum of 6 weeks for application processing.
- Basic Working Holiday Program: $485
- IEP Work Exchange Program: $545 (limited visas available)
Other costs to consider for all options:
- Flights – You must have proof of a pre-paid flight into New Zealand and exiting New Zealand.
- Travel insurance – You can provide your own insurance or purchase a policy from IENA. Medical, accident and repatriation (insurance is a mandatory visa requirement)
- Support funds equivalent to NZ$4200 (this is a visa requirement)
Basic Working Holiday Program
If you cancel from the program before your step 2 deadline, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $100. If you cancel after we have received your step 2 materials, no refund is possible.
IEP Work Exchange Program
If you cancel from the program before your step 2 deadline, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $200. If you cancel after we have received your step 2 materials, no refund is possible. In the extremely rare event that the New Zealand Visa Application Center denies your visa application you will be refunded your program fee minus a cancellation fee of $200. If your visa application is denied for reasons which you had not previously disclosed to IENA, you will forfeit $400. In either case of visa denial, if you have purchased IENA insurance the insurance premium is fully refundable.
Please note that the above cancellation conditions apply to the IENA Work & Travel New Zealand Program fees. Separate cancellation conditions may apply to any flight bookings you make.
Any cancellation must be received in writing and is only effective from the date we receive it. Please note that separate cancellation fees and conditions will undoubtedly apply to any flight bookings you make.