Places on the 2020 program will be allocated on a first come first served basis to applicants with completed IENA applications.
How to Apply
There are two stages to the application process
Please set up an IENA account and complete the online IENA Outbound Program application being sure to also upload supporting documents to your IENA account.
Supporting Documents Checklist:
- Program reference or job offer (download reference form via your IENA account)
- Copy of passport bio page (the page with your photo and passport number)
- Insurance Declaration (download the declaration form via your IENA account)
- Young Professionals applicants – SWAP Young Professionals application (download via your IENA account)
When all documents have been uploaded to your account and your application is complete we will assess your application and then invoice you for payment of our program fee. After payment is processed you will be instructed to move to stage two of the application process.
Apply for a Canadian Work permit via Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).
IENA will provide complete step-by-step instructions and guidance for all stages of the application process.
Please apply at least 8-10 weeks prior to your intended date of travel to Canada. You are strongly advised not to book flights or make any travel plans before your work permit application is approved by the Canadian government.
The Working Holiday program fee is $750 and covers administration in America and Canada, use of hosting centers in Toronto and Vancouver for job and accommodation listings and program support.
The Young Professionals program fee is $650 and covers administration in America and Canada, use of hosting centers in Toronto and Vancouver and program support.
Other costs to consider
- Travel Insurance – You must show proof of adequate medical and accident insurance on entry to Canada. IENA can provide a policy with $500,000 in medical coverage and $50 deductible. Premiums start at $195.
- Support Funds in the amount of CA$2,500.
- Canadian Government fees Working Holiday permit CA$253/Young Professionals permit CA$153
- Young Professionals Employer Compliance fee CA$230 (paid by employer)
Application Deadline: Please apply at least 8-10 weeks prior to your planned date of travel to Canada. It is strongly advised not to purchase flights or make travel arrangements before receiving your entry document to Canada.
The IENA Work in Canada program fee are non-refundable.