The IENA Mexico Summer Camp Recruiting fair will give you the opportunity to be interviewed face to face by American Summer Camps.
We understand that you may have heard some negative things about the future of the SWT and Camp Counselor Programs. IENA is in constant contact with the US State Department and we want to assure you that we have been informed that all programs are continuing for 2018. The US State Department is continuing to administer the programs, IENA is continuing to recruit participants, and US Embassies are readying plans for 2018 visa interviews.
In addition, staff from the US Embassy in Mexico will again be attending the IENA Recruiting Fair in Puebla, in January 2018, to answer any questions you may have.
Please contact your recruiter if you have any questions
• Join the Camp Fair free of charge
• There is a $50 deposit required if you are placed at a camp
• The fair starts at 9am and ends at 6pm on Saturday January 27th
We believe that to provide a high quality Summer Camp Recruiting fair free of charge allows us to develop stronger relationships with our summer camps and we’re committed to providing fantastic camps staff for all of our camps.
You will have the opportunity to meet our camps face to face in comfortable settings to discuss employment options for the upcoming summer. Last year, over 500 qualified students attended, coming from all regions of Mexico.
It will also be a great opportunity to meet many of the wonderful IENA camp team.
Who attends our fair?
• Several hundred University students. While the majority are from the Puebla area, we have staff coming from many regions of Mexico
• University students looking to work in general kitchen roles, food preparation, maintenance, housekeeping, laundry as well as culinary students.
• Lifeguards, general counselors, trip leaders, ropes staff as well as many other camp counselor positions are often hired as well.
• Camps who are looking to hire anywhere from 6 to 60 camp staff from all over the United States.
• Representatives from the US Embassy in Mexico (which is a great step towards advocating the message and importance of camp to our government).
Flights arrive on Friday January 26th to Puebla, Mexico and depart Sunday January 28th. IENA will arrange for ground transportation to and from the airport to the hotel, fairs, etc. as well as some meals.
Hotel Accommodations: The Marriott Courtyard in Puebla
Camp Directors will have a table and 2 chairs at the fair. Camps may send up to 2 representatives (IENA will only credit 1 person for flight/hotel).
It is advisable for camps to bring a small display for their camp fair table to promote their camps. Camps are welcome to bring a local staff person, to help screen as a second person.
Camp Fair is Saturday January 27th from 9am-5pm at the Marriott Courtyard in Puebla.