References are an important part of your application but what makes a great reference? See below for important points to remember when getting your reference forms completed.
- The reference must be professional. They could be from a supervisor, manager or even a teacher.
- They cannot be from a co-worker, family member, friend or neighbor. These are not seen as professional.
- Fully answered forms instead of one-word answers are going to make your application much more intriguing to potential camps. They want to see what kind of person you are.
- If you are a returner or direct placement, they cannot be from the camp you are attending. This is seen as a conflict of interest.
- If you have been to camp before. you will need that previous camp to fill out a reference for you.
- The reference must be current and cannot be the same reference from last year.
- All questions need to be answered.
Another point you need to remember is even if you have been to the camp 10 times, reference forms are still required. This is a reference for your visa and the US Embassy could always deny you. Valid and current references will always help your application and are a department of state requirement.
If you have any questions about reference forms or your application please reach out to your recruiter or to me at email@example.com!