The U.S. Department of State’s Office of Private Sector Exchange invites exchange visitors to register to volunteer for the New York City and Chicago marathons this fall. This is a great opportunity for exchange visitors to experience first-hand the spirit of American volunteerism. These activities also strengthen exchange visitors’ ties with their adopted American communities and provides opportunities to make new friends and expand their networks. Registration details are provided below.
|Marathon Event||Event Date||Registration Deadline||Registration Instructions|
|Chicago Marathon||October 7, 2018||October 1, 2018||https://app.box.com/s/60pm8vm5ththevkbhz78ydk4eren8sok|
|New York City Marathon||November 4, 2018||August 31, 2018||https://app.box.com/s/fgm546xq7qxr1tdpj7pjd6r82374enlv|
Additional Resources: NYC Marathon
- HI New York City (http://hinewyork.org/about/) is conveniently located to Mile 18 and Mile 23.
- Anthony Travel International (https://www.anthonytravel.com/nyc-marathon) website provides discounted hotel rates in a wide range of locationsaround the city at different price points for a two night minimum stay.
For more information about previous volunteer experiences, check out the links below:
- International Visitors are the Largest Group of Volunteers at the NYC Marathon
- Host Mom and Au Pair Run Side-By-Side in TCS New York City Marathon
- The TCS NYC Marathon Teaches Volunteerism to more than 1,400 International Visitors