Everyone has a favorite camp activity- whether its swimming, horseback riding, or maybe arts and crafts, most campers (and counselors!) will find one or two activities that quickly become their favorites. When I was a camp counselor, my all-time favorite activity was to tie dye!
Here are some instructions for one of my favorite tie dye designs- the classic spiral!
- Lay your t-shirt (or pillow case, handkerchief, etc.) out on a flat surface
- Pinch the center of your t-shirt
- Start to spin the t-shirt around, still holding the center. Keep spinning the shirt, as it begins to wrap around itself, making a circle with folds of the t-shirt inside
- Wrap your folded circle with rubber bands- as many as you want!
- Dip the different sections of your t-shirt into the dye
- Take off the rubber bands- and voila! You’ll have a perfect spiral tie dye shirt!
Happy Camping! 🙂