Summer Camp is a tradition for many kids in the USA but did you know how big the Summer Camp industry actually is or even how much money it takes to keep those amazing Summer Camps up and running? Check out some of the facts I’ve found about the Summer Camp Industry!
- There are more than 12,000 summer camps operating in the United States, including 7,000 overnight camps and 5,000 day camps.
- The summer camp industry profits upwards of $15 million a year. Wow!
- More than 6 million children participate in some form of camp – sleep away camp and day camp.
- Summer camps employ 1.5 million staff a year.
- 80% of camps use social media as part of their marketing.
- The average cost of running a camp for 1 year is between $750,000 – $1 million!
- 86% of camps have a website. (How is this number so low! Everyone should be online!)
Yours in Camping,