IENA is currently seeking a full time Placement Coordinator for its Camp Program at its Hackettstown, New Jersey headquarters. The Placement Coordinator is an administrative position that facilitates visa sponsorship, placement, arrival and program monitoring for all participants in our Camp program.
This position is primarily responsible to be the main point of contact for clients (camps) within IENA’s Camp Program, providing customer support to camp directors. It will assist in the growth of the camp network while placing program participants at camps. Placement Coordinators provide support to the Placement Director by following, developing and implementing placement strategies
Secondary, the Placement Coordinator will provide support for IENA Applicants, Recruiters, and Partners, assisting in the administration of the J-1 programs to participants in our Camp and Non-Camp Summer/Work/Travel programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain relationships with Camp Clients
- Place participants at camps
- Assist with the processing of participants Visa application
- Track applicants in IENA program and ensuring paperwork is complete
- Assist in Billing and Collections
- Maintain Customer Database, input new information and compile reports
- To ensure compliance with external requirements and standards (e.g. US State Department visa regulations) for J1 Visa Program and follow policies and procedures as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Summer Camp experience (Camp Director experience preferred)
- Data Entry Skills
- Experience in administrative writing
- Strong Communication and Organizations skills
- Attention to detail
- Must have knowledge in conflict resolution.
- Knowledge of and skill in using various communications tools such as MailChimp, app.intercom.io, Google Docs, etc.
- Microsoft Office skills & basic computer operations.
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Must be legal to work in the US.
Salary and Benefits:
- M-F, 9:00am- 5:00pm EST (additional evening hours as necessary during high volume seasons)
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- 21 paid vacation days.
- Lifting: 0-25 lbs
- Frequency of lifting: infrequent
Visual, Hearing, Dexterity & Mental Demands:
Adequate to perform the essential functions of the job such as using a telephone, answering emails, filing paperwork, viewing a computer screen, and operating office equipment and driving.
The duties and responsibilities are generally performed in an office environment but may require air travel, driving and lodging in hotel/motel accommodations. The position generally involves frequent standing; continuous sitting; frequent walking; light to moderate lifting; light carrying; frequent bending and reaching; keyboarding and telephone operation; in-person communication.
IENA began in 1995 and offers a more personal approach to Cultural Exchange Programs for the Summer Camp, Hospitality and Retail Industries. Company owners are directly involved with the applicants and visit during the summer. In addition to providing International students the opportunity to work at thousands of hotel, restaurant and retail sites in culture rich tourist areas, to date, IENA has helped over 80,000 participants learn and share with American children at over 500 summer camps, across the USA. IENA is designated as a J-1 Visa sponsor by the US Department of State. This means we are not a third party agent. We are the responsible body for the program and our participants.
- 23 Summers of sending counselors to Summer Camps and International students to Hospitality Organizations
- Lead by ex Camp Owners and Directors and Hospitality Executives
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week customer support during the summer
- Over 90 Countries served
For more specific program information, please visit our www.iena.org
Send your resume and cover letter as PDF attachments via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20th, 2019.
Your cover letter must include a reason why you would be suitable for this position and for IENA. Applicants who do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.