Experience all the exciting possibilities of living and working ‘down under’! Explore the outback, dive at the Great Barrier Reef or enjoy the vibrant city life of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne. On our Work & Travel Australia program you have complete flexibility to live and work anywhere in Australia for up to one year. Program participants have free use of our resource centers located in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne for the duration of your time in Australia.
“I really liked traveling the country and seeing all the amazing beaches and landscapes. I enjoyed working as well because I was able to meet a lot of Australians and get a real feel for their culture. I loved living in a shared house as I was able to make friends with people from all over the world.” – Work & Travel Australia Program Participant
- Assistance obtaining a Work and Holiday Visa. We provide step-by-step instructions on how to secure your visa.
- Pre-departure assistance and guidance to help prepare for your trip to Australia.
- Program Handbook – Includes tips on What to pack, Money Matters, Surviving the flight, Arrival in Australia and much more!
- Detailed Welcome and Travel Presentation held every weekday
- Job workshops every weekday – Learn how to build an effective resume (CV), how to source jobs and successfully apply for them, how to generate interviews and how to conduct yourself during the interview.
- Job assistance for up to 12 months – talk to one of our experienced Job Specialists to receive customized information and advice about how to secure the perfect job for you.
- Assistance opening a bank account.
- Tax File registration number (required to be able to work in Australia)
- VODAFONE SIM card
- 12 months International YHA membership
- Access to Work n Holiday’s Member’s Area where you can search for jobs, accommodation, and chat with other participants
- Use of office facilities for work purposes
- Unlimited internet access
- 24 hours Emergency Hotline
- Mail holding and forwarding
- Free luggage storage (Sydney only) for the first 4 weeks!
NEW PROGRAM OPTION – TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!
COMBINE WORK & TRAVEL AUSTRALIA WITH WORK & TRAVEL NEW ZEALAND*
Heading ‘down under’ but can’t decide between Australia or New Zealand? No problem! You can combine both work programs and pay only one program fee. You have the option of working in Australia for 6 months and then New Zealand for 6 months or spend 4 months in Australia and 8 months in New Zealand or vice versa. Combined program duration is 12 months.
If you want to add arrival accommodation and airport shuttle transfer to your program, please contact IENA at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional costs.
*You must meet eligibility requirements for a Work and Holiday visa to Australia and a Working Holiday visa to New Zealand.
For additional information Email email@example.com
- Have a valid US passport
- Be between age 18 and 30 (inclusive)
- Be a high school graduate
- Able to produce proof of support funds in excess of AU$5,000 on entry to Australia.
- Not bring children or dependents with you to Australia on this program.
- Not have previously worked in Australia on a Working and Holiday visa.
- Meet health and character requirements.